Monday, April 6, 2009

FRANCE

So it's been almost three weeks since I had arrived in France, and I still find myself taking at least 30 seconds longer to find certain keys and numbers and such on this keyboard I'm typing on...Oh well :)
I can't find words to describe my experience in France and how I've felt about it...and if I did find words they would stretch for miles! Last night I talked with my mom and sister on the phone for the first time in two weeks, and I ended up being on the phone for an hour and a half talking mostly about what I've seen and done in France...normally I don't talk on the phone for more than 10 to 20 minutes, so it was a little surprising for me :P
Anyways, I don't want to make this blog stretch on for too long because I know I'd end up typing an essay on the trip...But I'll just talk about what I've done recently...
I think I'll start with the highlight of today, which was eating a ginormous crepe by a fishing port in a city an hour away from Nantes...it was a foot in diameter, drizzled with chocolate fudge, decorated with whipped cream and topped in the center with a scoop of coconut ice cream...Oh My God it was amazing!! :D I took at least three pictures of it!
Another highlight I guess was hearing songs on the radio that I actually recognized, aka American music, which was 90 percent of the songs the radio stations were playing. I mostly heard songs from Lady Gaga (whose songs I've kind of liked but "Just Dance" is starting to get annoying because it's been stuck in my head), Rhianna, Coldplay, and Katy Perry. Also, on the radio I heard "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, which made me really happy, and also some hip hop songs I always hear but that I forget the names of...
Okay, I'm going to go now because I think someone's cooking fish in the house and I don't want my nice clothes to smell, so I'm going to change my clothes and I don't know if the family would think me weird to wear my pjs to the dinner table...But oh well, I'll figure it out...

Bisoux! (I'm still trying to get used to saying that :P)

2 comments:

Shabnam said...

Hey Shirene! I'm soo happy that you are having so much fun! Keep writing and keep EATING! Please dont describe food like that I WANT some tooooo!!!

shirenesBEAN said...

LOL i apologize about the food descriptions! XD
but yes i've been eating 24/7! it's pretty much what i look forward to during the day which is kind of sad but oh well :P
i miss you aahh i hope ill get to see you soon! you should come to seattle like the week i come back! ;D